Waredaca is an exceptional full service, year round riding and recreational facility for all ages.
Family-owned and operated since 1937, and located on a 220 acre farm, in the Laytonsville area of northeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, our professional, personable staff and varied programs offer many opportunities for everyone.
Waredaca is proud to claim the status of being part of the Montgomery County Agricultural Preserve. Our belief and commitment in the preservation of farmland and open space offers our riders ample room to ride. Adjacent to our 220 acres are 10,000 acres of state park land for trail riding. The Goshen Hunt Club uses our facility as one of their fixtures and we annually host their very popular Thanksgiving Junior Hunt, which welcomes junior riders to sample the sport of foxhunting with the guidance of many senior members. For over 70 years, the farm and facility have been involved in many types of equestrian activities, competitions and programs.
All of our core staff members…Robert Butts, Gretchen Butts, Janey Staehle, Rob Lang, Gayle Mahaney have all been involved in Waredaca management for over 20 years. Steph Butts grew up in the center of Waredaca activities. Many of our instructors, all of which are either certified by CHA or the USEA, have been teaching here for over 10 ten years. Some began riding here as children and have chosen to continue their love of horses and Waredaca with their involvement in our activities. This continuity of our personnel offers visitors and students a reassurance that is hard to match.
Not only do we welcome all ages and backgrounds into our activities, we offer a variety of programs to meet almost everyone’s needs and desires:
- Riding lessons for all ages and skills levels–group or private instruction
- Training for horses started under saddle
- Stall or field boarding of your horse
- Informal Schooling Shows for competitors
- Nationally sanctioned Eventing competitions (US Eventing Association and US Equestrian Federation Recognized Horse Trials) and Starter Horse Trials
- Monthly “Expert Day’ instruction with top Eventing and Dressage professionals
- Summer Children’s Riding Day Camp (in conjunction with the Bar T camping program)
- Cross Country Schooling on our renowned event courses
Pony Club Riding Center
- High School and College Equestrian Teams
- Living Social, Certifikids, Girl Scouts Riding
- US Equestrian Federation/U S Eventing Association Training Programs for Officials
Explore all the opportunities Waredaca has to offer at http://www.waredaca.com!